- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- ODIN Defensive Training has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team providing training in various locations (04/2014).
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- Rocky Mt. Firearms Safety has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team based in Colorado Springs (05/2014)
- Short Guns LLC and Protection LLC have joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor program (10/2013).
- West Virginia has just announced reciprocity with the state of Colorado.(08/22/2013)
- Tall Guns has earned the distinction as a Davidson's Gallery of Guns Gold dealer. (10/2012)
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
NRA Refuse to be a Victim®
Refuse To Be A Victim® Seminars teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for developing a strategy for one's personal safety. The seminar includes classroom instruction on a variety of crime prevention strategies, from criminal psychology to automobile crimes to cyber crime. Seminars can vary in length, and may be modified to suit the needs of a particular audience.
This is not a firearms instruction course, and does not include instruction in physical combat self-defense.
Seminars teach about common weaknesses that criminals may take advantage of, and teaches a variety of corrective measures that are practical, inexpensive, and easy to follow
Strategies include home security, carjack avoidance techniques, cyber safety, and use of personal safety devices.
A complete seminar may last as long as eight hours and include the entire lesson plan, but a modified seminar may be as short as 90 minutes and address a specific topic.
Students will receive the:
- Refuse To Be A Victim student handbook,
- NRA Refuse To Be A Victim® brochure,
- NRA Become A Refuse To Be A Victim® Instructor Brochure,
- Refuse To Be A Victim® Firearms Supplement,
- and a course completion certificate.