- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- Tall Guns is actively instructing courses at this time (June 2020).
- To support the ongoing efforts to control COVID-19, Tall Guns will be limiting class sizes to eight (8) persons. (16 Mar 2020).
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
Utah and Colorado Basic Concealed Carry Course
Our Utah and Colorado Concealed Carry course combines our Utah and Colorado Basic courses. It meets the requirements of Utah and Colorado state regulations and legislation. We first teach the Utah module and then the Colorado module. This is not an NRA course. This course is scheduled as two separate and distinct classes ranging in total duration of 5.0 hours but could be longer depending upon questions and extended subjects.
We are centrally located to Ft. Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Longmont and all of Northern Colorado (NOCO). We are only 30 minutes from the northern suburbs of Denver.
A Utah Non-Resident Permit combined with a Colorado Resident Permit adds the states of Washington and Nevada to your list of carry states.
This course is designed around the student whom has previous handgun handling experience, you do not have to be an expert marksman just know how to use a handgun. During the course of the class we will work with the student to assure that the fundamental firearms handling and safety knowledge exist.
We will teach the student the necessary topics and techniques required by each of the states in order to apply for and hopefully be approved for the privilege to possess a Utah and/or Colorado concealed handgun (aka CCW) permit. The possession of a Colorado and Utah non-resident permit provides you with 37 states of CCW privileges.
This is an all inclusive course including photograph, fingerprinting and mail submission service included in the price of the class.
Unlike our competitors whom cancel courses without a minimum of enrollees, our classes are held whether we have one or a dozen enrollees. We are client focused and have a passion to educate, enable and support our clients.
The course curriculum includes but is not limited to the following:
- How a pistol and revolver function
- Ammunition function, identification and self-defense choices
- Holstering options
- Cleaning, inspection and storage
- Issues of Liability
- Escalation of force
- Law Enforcement Interaction Guidance
- Application and Issuance Process and Regulations for both Colorado and Utah
- Utah laws and regulations (see our Utah course syllabus)
- Colorado laws and regulations (see our Colorado Basic course syllabus)
- Federal Firearms Regulations
- State Reciprocity
For Utah Permit
- Fingerprint service on blue FBI card
- Photograph service in Passport Size
- Mail submission service of applicaiton package to issuing agency
By the end of the course the student will have received:
- a certificate of course completion
all the course materials:
- course workbook over 36 pages of content
- application checklist (for Utah and Colorado)
- actual application package (for Utah and Colorado)
- reference materials from various manufacturers
- a gift certificate for one day use of an indoor state of the art shooting facility in Loveland, Colorado a $20.00 value.
Within 5 days of the class completion you will receive:
- discount offerings for other Tall Guns services
- addition to the Tall Guns License Renewal Reminder system.