- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- ODIN Defensive Training has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team providing training in various locations (04/2014).
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- Rocky Mt. Firearms Safety has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team based in Colorado Springs (05/2014)
- Short Guns LLC and Protection LLC have joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor program (10/2013).
- West Virginia has just announced reciprocity with the state of Colorado.(08/22/2013)
- Tall Guns has earned the distinction as a Davidson's Gallery of Guns Gold dealer. (10/2012)
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
Learn to Safely Own, Shoot, and Maintain a Handgun
Our LTSOSM a Handgun course is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to revolvers and semi-automatic pistol action types for classes of eight of fewer students.
Course cost includes a semi-automatic and revolver handgun and ammunition for the live fire exercises.
This course is at six and a half (6.5) hours long which includes classroom and range time learning to shoot various handgun action types (Revolver or Semi-Automatic).
Students will learn the:
- guidelines and disciplines for safe firearm handling;
- the particular handgun action types, parts and operation;
- ammunition types;
- shooting fundamentals – hold control, breath control, aiming, trigger control and follow-through;
- various shooting positions (standing and seated)
- cleaning and maintaining handguns;
- considerations in purchasing a handgun – ergonomics, purpose, budget, etc.;
- safe handgun storage;
- shooting a revolver and semi-automatic pistol (Live Fire Exercises)
- course work book;
- ammunition for live fire exercises (200 rounds);
- targets for the exercises;
- use of various firearms for course;
- one day use pass for an indoor range in Loveland;
- completion certificate.