- Tall Guns now carries RATS - Rapid Application Tourniquet System. Price is $15.95 in Black, Red or Orange. EDCs are $4.00. Buying a RATS and EDC together you get a $1.00 discount. (04/2018)
- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- ODIN Defensive Training has joined the Tall Guns Independent Affiliated Instructor team providing training in various locations (04/2014).
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- West Virginia has just announced reciprocity with the state of Colorado.(08/22/2013)
- Tall Guns has earned the distinction as a Davidson's Gallery of Guns Gold dealer. (10/2012)
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
Basic Situational Awareness and Avoidance
Our Basic Situational Awareness, Avoidance, Escalation and Consequences course is a core module of all our standard concealed carry and TASER training programs.
This is only a basic fundamentals course for the average citizen to use in the normal course of their life.
This module is designed around the student whom wants to raise their skills in the area of awareness and avoidance strategies and execution for personal safety.
The student is provided module materials to use during the class and take home.
- Awareness of your surroundings
- OODA Loop Orientation
- Use of crime statistics
- Awareness of variable conditions that can affect you
- Singular and group planning
- Threat or risk determination
- Avoidance as a mitigation strategy
- Avoidance techniques
- Defining your situational operating level
- Escalation of Force
- Consequences of an encounter
- Physiological changes in a high risk situation