- Tall Guns has been awarded the right to use the By Colorado logo by the byColorado licensing program. This signifies companies that are based, design their products and make their products in Colorado. (10/2014)
- Colorado West Firearms Institute has joined the Tall Guns network Affiliated Independent Instructors licensing our Colorado Handgun Permit course program serving Colorado West from the Grand Junction area. (10/2014).
- Tall Guns announces a price reduction in its combined Colorado and Utah CCW/CFP Course. The new price is $99.95 for both highly valuable permit course. (08/2014)
- Tall Guns now offers certification training for security officers in firearm, baton, handcuff, Taser and OC Spray. (05/2014)
- Tall Guns is actively instructing courses at this time (June 2020).
- To support the ongoing efforts to control COVID-19, Tall Guns will be limiting class sizes to eight (8) persons. (16 Mar 2020).
- Tall Guns is certified as the only TASER certified civilian training academy location in Colorado (10/2012)
Firearm Private Party and Related Transfers
We are a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) and provide services related to private party and firearm transfers from dealers. We are listed with various firms as an authorized transfer FFL for transfer services. We can accomodate transfers from various locations.
We are doing transfers for purchase from online sellers and for out of state purchases. Our standard retail rate for this service is $34.50 that includes all background check activity, fees, item receipt and record keeping for purchase received from out of the area. This is payable prior to conducting the background check using ATF Form 4473.
We conduct all our background checks by computer with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the National Insta-Check System (NICS).
To request our services when you make your purchase online or by telephone send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Seller of the item.
- Purchase transaction number or identifier
- Contact email and telephone for the seller.
- Make and model of item.
Contact information for you.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
We will contact the seller with the required documentation from us and request same from them to accomplish the purchase. If we are on file with them or they us document exchange will not be necessary but we still need to be advised from you.
IT IS IMPERATIVE YOUR SELLER SENDS US A TRACKING NUMBER so we can assure safe on site for receipt.
When the item arrives we will contact you after we have recorded receipt of the item and schedule you for pick-up processing.
For private party transfers, call to scehdule an appointment. Both parties must be present with current Colorado identification or for Active Duty military personnel bring your current assignment orders.
For either transaction type, if you are a resident alien also bring your green card and 3 months utility bills with yoru current address.
For any firearm purchase be advised as a result of Colorado Legislative action and signature in law by Governor John Hickenlooper on 20 March 2013 under HB 13-1228 an additional fee/tax will be collected for background checks conducted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the ATF. This is payable prior to conducting the background check using ATF Form 4473.